Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Excuse Me, Think I've Mistaken You For Somebody Else

You would think the toddler who didn't settle down and fall asleep until after 9:00PM would sleep in, wouldn't you? You would think wrong.

I was all set to go for an early morning run. In fact, I set my alarm even earlier than normal since the Guys have been getting up so damn early and I wanted to be home before then. At 5:40 when my alarm went off, I got out of bed and gasped because there was A.. He must've heard my alarm and come into the bedroom (we sleep with the door open so we can hear the Guys). Nothing like seeing a smallish shape move out of the corner of your eye to get the juices flowing.

I got back in bed with him thinking maybe I could get him to fall asleep with sheer willpower by snuggling. That was a wash. After a few minutes of him wiggling around I gave Hubs a chance to sleep a little longer and got up with A. Seriously, my husband owes me about five years of sleeping in!

It wasn't rainy and it wasn't that cold out and I decided A. would come on the run with me. After a diaper change, loading him up with some milk and a cereal bar, loading him into the stroller, tucking a blanket around him, (jeez, I thought it was supposed to get easier to leave the house) we were off.

I don't knew when this happened, when my brain switched from being the kind of person who just says, screw it and sleeps in, to the kind of person who gets up early and runs even though I have an excuse not to. I mean, it was right there. I could have stayed on the couch with A. and watched some cartoons. We've done it before. But, it just didn't feel right. I WANTED to run. And if we were both going to be up, anyway, then damnit, I was going for a run!

I had about a half hour. There were some pretty dark, threatening clouds on the horizon, so I tried to keep it close to home. We zig-zagged through the neighborhood, trying to keep within a half mile of the house at all times. I have no problem running in the rain but I wasn't about to subject A. to that.

All in all I ended up with 2.05 miles. And a cute little dude to share in my post-run sweaty picture:
Cheese!

8 comments:

  1. Look at you and your healthy habits! I love how everyone in the group is doing right now. We were struggling for so long and everyone seems to be hitting their stride! Way to not take your excuses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady you are a badass for real. That's all I gotta say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome! You're doing so great!

    My kiddos share a room, and we got them an "OK to Wake" alarm clock that turns green when they can come out of their room. We have it set for 7, but lately the little gremlins have been waking up around 6:15-6:30 so now we give them blocks or legos or something to occupy them until the light turns green. It's not perfect, but it's better than when they were waking up at 5:45 every day :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've thought about getting a rain cover for my stroller but they seem really weird. I love running in the rain but more than a sprinkle seems unfair.

    Great work getting out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for getting out there anyway! It can be frustrating when our kiddos get up too early.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's hoping you collect even one of those years of sleeping in :) Such a great attitude shift...you runner you!

    ReplyDelete