Monday, June 1, 2015

It's a Jolly Holiday With You, Bert

It started out after the first week of May. I was logging walks and runs into Map My Run and realized I had been going for a week straight. I figured, why the hell not try for two weeks. And then three weeks. And then a whole month.

Some days my walks were little more than around the block (I'm looking at you, apicoectomy!) and some days I got a several mile run in.

And now my brain is saying, "Hey remember how cool it was to do that in May? Why not shoot for June, too?". Ok, Brain. Why not?

My wonderful ladies group on Facebook had a monthly challenge in May. We switched things up and did a week of over 100 ounces of water, a week of five servings of fruits and veggies daily, and a week of working out at least thirty minutes a day.  Even when we would switch weeks, I would find myself mentally challenging myself to do whatever it was from the previous week. For example, even after we're done with the water challenge I still find myself drinking more water. And I enjoy the challenge of trying to get in five servings of fruits and veggies daily. I just made a veggie soup and used pretty much every vegetable in our house. As I was cooking it I was thinking, "A big bowl of this would be low in calories and has to count for at least two servings of veggies!"

And I lost weight this month!

Now it's June. And I'm going to continue to challenge myself to get some sort of mileage in daily. I'm going to wake up and do early morning runs more often. I'm going to aim on being a B Eater, as in I eat well 80% of the time. I have found when I do that I am my most successful at avoiding the binge.

Happy June!

4 comments:

  1. Love the "B eater" idea--I'll try that. :) I love our challenges, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, the water thing has stuck with me the most out of all of our challenges, even though that's my least fave thing to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, the water and the veggie challenges have really struck a cord with me as well. I love that! great job with that streak! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's an awesome streak! I haven't been doing so well with getting my activity in lately. Sounds like you have a great group! It's so much easier to stay motivated in challenges when more people besides yourself are involved :)

    ReplyDelete