Monday, June 8, 2015

Lady, Running Down to the Riptide

Last week I was in the zone. My eating was spot on, my workouts kicked butt. And I felt GOOD all week long. Somehow I managed to keep that going through the weekend.

Friday: 2.25 evening run
Saturday: 2 mile walk, cleaning house
Sunday: 4 mile run, 25 minute swim

Sunday was rough. The Guys woke up at 5:45AM and were Crank Master 5000's. After attempting to doze on the couch, I gave up and packed them up in the jogging stroller and went for a run. If I was going to deal with cranky toddlers I was at least going to get my sweat on!
I can usually get about a half hour with them before they start to get pissed off at being strapped down. I planned my route so we didn't pass a single park (which meant running up hills with a jogging stroller and 70 pounds of toddler but a Mom does a Mom has to do!) and got about 45 minutes in before they started to holler. Thankfully, when I cut through our neighborhood we came across the tail end of a 10K. The boys spent the last mile clapping for runners which distracted them enough for me to get a full 4 miles in!
Sweaty Sunday Selfie
Because I am a glutton for punishment can't nap unless I am sick or pregnant (spoiler alert: I am neither) I ended up walking up to our community pool and swimming laps for 25 minutes while the boys slept. I have been debating taking the Masters swim class there, I like the idea of being able to access the pool at 6AM. But, I wanted to see if I even had it in me to swim for any sort of distance.

Since it currently hurts to move my arms, shit it hurts to move any part of my body at all, I am not sure I can handle an actual class with a training plan. We'll see. I think I'll attempt a few more swims this week. The pool is open until 8:30PM  and if it is warm enough and the boys go to sleep early enough I'll try it out. My bathing suit also worked out really well, although it is a teeny bit loose in the chest area. That's the problem with bathing suits. When they are dry they hold everything in place, but when the get wet they loosen up a bit. I'm not in danger of flashing anyone, I can just feel a bit of a wiggle which is disconcerting.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Lady you are on fire! Awesome job on being so active this weekend, I notice that it paid off for you on MFP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you go! You really rocked out last week. I say go for the masters swim class. You don;t have to do the full workout that they do and they will generally help you with your form. Just jump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great weekend! I wish I had a double jogging stroller--mine are almost 4 & 2.5 though, so there's no way I'd pay for a new one. Perhaps the Craigslist gods will smile on me and send a cheap used one my way.

    ReplyDelete