Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Well You're a Real Tough Cookie With a Long History of Breaking Little Hearts Like the One in Me

Rehearsals for my summer musical started last night. I love doing shows and musicals, they make me so happy! But the rehearsals throw off my schedule and I tend to stop at McDonald's on my way home because it is RIGHT THERE and I am usually starving.

Not this time, you golden arched devil.

I had a sandwich on my drive to rehearsal so I wasn't starving on my drive home. And I have PLANS, guys, plans to lose some weight by the end of the summer and to do that I can't stop and hoover down some fast food. That's what I kept in my head as I drove by that shining red and gold beacon of fat. Losing weight. Being healthy. Losing weight. Being healthy.

When I got home I wasn't even that hungry so I decided to do the Pop Sugar workout video I did last Friday. It's a boot camp one that only uses body weight. And man, did it bust my ass! I thought it was hard on Friday, but dude, it was just as hard if not harder last night. Probably because I was doing it at 10:00PM after a long day.

To make matters worse, once I was done with that, I continued to be healthy and did thirty minutes of marching in place to get my step count over 10K and get some mileage for my continued walk/run streak. What the hell, Meg? What's with this healthy attitude?!?

After all that healthiness, I even got my shit ready to go for a run this morning with it being National Running Day and all. But, life intervened and one of the Guys decided he didn't want to sleep at 2:00AM. It took me a half hour to get him settled down and back in bed and when that was done I was all "eff running at 5AM" and reset my alarm for my usual wake up time. I can't not run today, though, so I will go out and get all sweaty and red faced after the Guys are in bed tonight. Should be another one of those lovely evenings with zero humidity and I am going to enjoy the hell out of it!

National Running Day. Holy shit, I love that that's a thing! If you're a runner, go on out and get a mile or two in today. And if you're a walker, shoot, go walk a mile or two because you are also badass! And if you're neither of these, then just do what you want because eventually your national whatever day will roll around.

5 comments:

  1. LMAO at "your national whatever day". You get a ridiculous amount of steps in! I'm in total awe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entire post is giddy and it makes me happy! Go on with your healthy self!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I hope you were patting yourself on the back a LOT after all that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up!!! We really need to hang out together more. :)

    ReplyDelete