Tuesday, July 28, 2015

If I Had A Million Dollars, I'd Be Rich

One the Guys, A, has a new trick. When he wakes up at the ass crack of dawn he likes to turn the light on in his shared bedroom and wake up his brother. Just before six this morning A flipped on the light switch and was ready to get the party started.

At this point my own alarm went off telling me "Get off your ass and go for a run, Meg!". I honestly had no reason not to. My other option was getting the Guys up and fed and laying on the couch for twenty minutes and dozing. That didn't sound like a ton of fun. OK, it sounded great, but my new mindset didn't allow me to laze about.

I loaded the Guys into the jogging stroller and off we went. It was garbage day so the boys had high hopes we would pass a garbage truck or two. We did not. I think we were up even earlier than the garbage men.

I try to plan my running routes with the boys around parks, as in, I try to plan them so I don't pass any parks because toddlers tend to lose their shit when they pass a park and aren't allowed to play. This particular route took us past one park but before we even approached it I said, "Hey guys, we're going to pass the little park but we can't stop and play because you aren't wearing shoes." Thankfully the heads up helped and we waved bye to the little park as I ran past.

I didn't plan for the extra ten or so minutes it would take me to actually get the toddlers out the door so my run was shorter than I would've like. But, a run is better than no run.
The best part of the run was at one particular point when I was dragging a bit one of the boys said, "Run faster, Mama!" How could I resist that challenge?

7 comments:

  1. I still am impressed that you run with all the extra weight of a jogging stroller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your own little pace keepers - too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good plan to head off the protests early! Smart planning :) I'll have to remember that trick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The park is often our end destination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When the boys are teens, I think you should turn that light switch trick on them early in the mornings. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "as in, I try to plan them so I don't pass any parks because toddlers tend to lose their shit when they pass a park and aren't allowed to play"

    Bwahaha, hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete