Monday, August 17, 2015

'Cause Saturday Night's the Night I Like

I had my weigh-in on Saturday. I wasn't expecting much, thank you TOM, but lo and behold I had a one pound loss!

I am currently down 3.4 pounds and that is with a ten day vacation and the stress of Tech Week and performances, etc. I have a friend who was involved in the show with me who is also doing WW which is great, makes it easier to go out afterwards when I have support.

Now the show is over, vacation is over, and I have plenty of time on my hands. I need to get back to my training schedule, my half marathon is a month away. There are pretty much no hills on this one. And just now I realized I haven't run a race for August so I need to get on that. Oops.

I planned on running a half marathon on September 20, but now that I am looking at it, I am somewhat disheartened by how much this particular race costs. This particular group has done some other races this year that have been on the higher price range, as well. Now I don't know if I want to pay that much or if I should wait and do a different one. I'm thinking possibly the Monroe Half Marathon in November. That will help me get back into the swing of training without super fretting about the missed days. Plus, it should be cooler for my long runs come October. Hmmm...

All in all, it was a good weekend and now I am ready to get settled back into normal life. Hope your weekend was fabulous!

6 comments:

  1. All of that running around hauling toddlers definitely paid off. :) Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job! You look beautiful and don't let your brain tell you otherwise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a great loss even if you don't count vacation, tech week etc. Way to Go :) I have been surprised by the costs of some of the races. For example, why is a 1/2 marathon so much more expensive than a 10K?

    ReplyDelete