Friday, August 21, 2015

I've Given Up On Waiting Any Longer

Ah procrastination you wicked, wicked beast.

I took my sweet ass time registering for the Detroit Women's Half Marathon coming up on September 20 and now registration, with fees, is up to $90.00.

Nope.

I am bummed, but at the same time sorta relieved. I wanted that one to be a PR because I know the course, it's fast and mostly flat. I also got my ass handed to me by the half two years ago, and was only able to do the 5K last year do to under training. I really wanted to show that half who was boss! Alas, it is not my year.

Next year I am coming for you, Detroit Women's Half Marathon.

I instead registered for the Monroe Half Marathon. I checked with Stephanie and read Katie's race report and it sounds like Monroe is flat which makes me happy. Rolling hills are bullshit and anyone who says otherwise is a liar crazy a masochist!

I decided to use a new training plan that incorporates tempo runs and intervals. I've never done that before but I know I need to do that if I want to get faster. And I know I can get faster. I honestly think I would've crushed the Martian Half Marathon back in April if not for the heat, the lack of shade, and the hills. Always check the course map for hills.

And now it's the weekend. We don't have anything planned for the first time in ages so I'm just going to enjoy hanging out with my family. Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend! Sorry you missed the half but the other one sounds better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to take what life gives you. This sounds like a good new plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great plan! And maybe an even better one, if you feel relieved with the change :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - rolling hills are a total crock. Good for you for taking on a tougher training plan! You'll crush that (flat!) course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'll miss you at Detroit but if the hockey schedule works out, I'll run Monroe with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just recently found your blog so now I'm back-stalking your posts. :)

    I, too, am hoping for redemption at this year's Detroit Women's race. I had my ass handed to me last year and said I was never going to do that race again. Then I decided I wasn't going to let that race beat me and signed up again this year. Good luck to you, I see that you were able to transfer registration!

    I am also doing WW as well. Congrats on your losses so far! I look forward to following your running/WW journey!

    ReplyDelete