Tuesday, August 25, 2015

We Live On Front Porches And Swing Life Away

I know I had everything all worked out and how I was going to do a half marathon in November instead of September, blah, blah, blah. Then I spoke to a friend who is running the half I wanted to run and her running partner bailed on her so we did a registration transfer and voila! here I am running a half marathon on September 20 AND one in November. Wait, what?

The good news is I have been keeping up with my running lately so I am not completely freaking out that I will screw up this half. I will run some longer runs these next two Sundays and then taper on the 13th so I am ready to roll on the 20th. It won't be a PR, but I know, I just know, it'll be better than the three hours and twenty minutes it took me to finish this race when I ran it back in 2013.

This morning I ran for the first time in a long time. It was dark when I left the house so I grabbed a flashlight. I couldn't find my arm band for my phone and ended up carrying that. Note to self: Better night before planning, please! And stupid Nike + wasn't working. Thankfully, I am pretty familiar with where I need to run to get certain distances in so I did a nice three mile and change loop then mapped it afterwards. All in all I did 3.20 miles in just under 40 minutes. It always feels good to get my workout out of the way in the morning.

Now I will spend the morning womanly resisting the donuts one of my co-workers brought in for a class he is teaching. Meg, you don't even LIKE donuts!

2 comments:

  1. You need the hand. :)

    I'm impressed that you are coordinated enough to run with a flashlight and a phone in your hands! That would throw me off for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stick my phone in my bra when I run--horizontally under my arm. I don't even feel it, lol.

    And two half marathons within a couple of months of each other?! You rock!

    ReplyDelete