Thursday, September 10, 2015

And I've Hurt Myself By Hurting You

I am currently suffering from the lamest injury EVER.

I had a mosquito bite on top of my right foot. And somehow while at work I absentmindedly scratched it and scratched it until I rubbed it raw. And now it is mildly infected and I can't wear a sock or my running shoes because it hurts.

I wish I was kidding.

Taken down by a damn mosquito.

I'm giving it one more day before I go running. I really just want a nice scab to develop so I don't have to worry about it being all gross and sticking to my sock.

You're welcome for the mental image.

I can't run, OK I can handle that. I've been walking on my lunch hour, plus I just finished my second weight lifting session this week. I figure by this evening I should be able to wrap my foot up and get a run in. I'm supposed to do a tempo run, my first one. Eek. The boys will be sleeping so it'll be fun to get out and do a run without the jogging stroller.

And this weekend my schedule has me running six miles. There's a run at our local zoo that I'm signing up for. I'll do the 5K but run up to the starting line, which is about two miles away, and then run home to get my six miles in. Doing a race instead of a regular run should be fun and a nice change of pace for us. Plus, since I'll be running with the boys, I think they'll like it more with more people around. They like cheering people on!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I want to do a race with a stroller full of cuteness randomly cheering me on...those are some lucky fellow racers :) Sorry about the mosquito debacle...at least you didn't try the "dog ate my shoes" excuse - ha! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate mosquitos. They are the devil's spawn! Ugh. Good luck on your tempo run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! What a horrible way to get sidelined. Mosquitos are truly weapons of mass destruction (well, mini WMDs anyway). Hope you're back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete