Thursday, September 24, 2015

It's No Surprise to Me I Am My Own Worst Enemy

Part of our registration for the Women Run the D race on Sunday was free race pictures. I don't know about you, but for me, I usually dread race pictures. Yes, I get it, I am not pretty when I run. I honestly don't care about being pretty when I run. It's just hard to work my butt off for a race, feel awesome at the finish, and then see race photos and sad trombone, feel like shit.

Am I the only one who does this to herself?

The race photos link showed up in my email last night. I reluctantly clicked on the it and checked them out.

You know what? I didn't hate them. In fact, there are one or two I flat out LOVE!

In this one, the tiny speck in the distance behind me is C. running to catch up to me and cross the finish line:
And hey, I'm smiling in this one, but it's not a fake smile, it's a full on, holy shit, I am having fun smile:
This one I am posting with a side by side comparison from my last half marathon back in April. I haven't lost much weight since I started doing WW back in July. I know it's a slow and steady approach, but sometimes it feels way more SLOW than I would like it to. I haven't done measurements which I should do, but eh, who's got time for that. Here's the closest thing I have to a comparison shot:

I doubt anyone else looking at those pictures is going to be as nit picky as me. But, I see a difference. My face looks skinnier. And my waist looks a little trimmer. Maybe it's just me. Either way, I definitely am moving faster in that second picture. Yay for no hills!

It is so easy to get caught up in the "I hate my body" moment. Not today. Today, I think my body looks pretty badass in those pictures. That is a body that rocked out a PR!

7 comments:

  1. Those pictures are great! I love the smiling picture. You look so damn happy and joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do look great in these pics! That's the face of a badass with a shiny PR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! You look like you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great pics! You look so happy and confident and gorgeous! My favorite is with your little speck in the distance :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, those pictures are fantastic!! I'm ridiculously jealous. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hell yeah you look thinner, and you look great in your pictures! Y

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hell yeah you look thinner, and you look great in your pictures! Y

    ReplyDelete