Wednesday, October 28, 2015

I Am Giving Up On Greener Grasses/Weigh-In Wednesday

Well, I gave it a shot. After three months I have come to the realization that Weight Watchers is not for me. I haven't been losing weight. I mean, I have, but in the total time I joined I lost eight pounds. That sucks. I think I am also using it as a bit of a crutch. So, I cancelled my membership and it's back to My Fitness Pal for me.

Maybe MFP is the new mindset I need? I don't know what it is, but man have I been down in the dumps about weight loss and working out. it helped to update MFP and realize I am seven pounds lighter than I was when I quit it.

Of course, that also means I lost seven pounds in almost four months. And that sucks.

The weather is a doing a number on my mindset and my sinuses so don't mind me over here acting like Eeyore. Whoa is me, etc, etc.

That's all I got for Weigh In Wednesday. Hopefully other people are more positive and have had better results this week.

I need a nap.

7 comments:

  1. You just have to find what works for you. What all have you tried so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the slow weight loss... it sucks donkey balls. Have you ever tried a WW meeting? They're what keep me going... I don't think I could do it strictly online. Either way, you'll find what works for you, even if it's just counting calories on MFP--I did well with that a few years ago (til I got pregnant again, haha).

    Finally, even though you probably don't want to hear it, I'm gonna say it anyway... 8 pounds in 3 months is GREAT! That's just over .5 lb/week, which is good for sustainable weight loss. Also, you're DOWN 8 pounds instead of up that much! Way to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WW is one of those programs that I wish had worked for me, but it just never did. MFP is the thing that works best for me (well when I get off my dead ass and use it faithfully). I know you will find what works best for you. Also shit woman, 8 pounds is pretty fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you've been working hard and not getting the results you're looking for. That really sucks. Have you thought about the 21 Day Fix to get you on the right track?

    ReplyDelete
  5. {{hugs}} Been there, done that! I feel like the plan has gotten stale (I probably have a different perspective, since I've been in it continuously for FOUR YEARS). MFP has helped me, and I hope it helps you, too! I will cheer you on!!

    Also, if I could lose 7 pounds, I'd be thrilled. :) But I know it's all relative. Still...take a moment to celebrate that you didn't gain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone gets an Eeyore Moment...just don't stay there long :) You are doing fantastic and you continuously inspire me that you do your thing no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's definitely no one right program for everyone and you stuck it out with WW for a long time. Here's hoping MFP works better!

    ReplyDelete