Tuesday, October 20, 2015

R E S P E C T Find Out What It Means to Me

My days of running with the jogging stroller are numbered. I had a 10 mile run planned for Saturday. Figured I would run with the boys to the community center, let them play in the Kid's Room for an hour, then run them home. That would have been roughly nine miles, then I planned on finishing the run on my own.

I ended up with 8.5 miles. And after those 8.5 miles I was D-O-N-E done. Oh man, the boys starting fighting like two caged hyenas about a quarter of a mile into my run and did not stop until we got to the community center. On the way home they were fine for maybe a mile, then the fighting began. C. finally fell asleep with about two miles to go, but A. was still up and refusing to wear his hat. Since it was about forty degrees out and windy, I kept putting it back on his head. At one point I was running and holding the hat on his head at the same time. Then I realized I was acting like a crazy person and said eff it and let him go without the damn hat. Of course, about five minutes of having cold air whip at his head made A. change his tune and he asked for his hat. Toddlers...my god.

Then there was the slight problem of me not bringing anything to eat, no chews, no Gus, nothing. Big mistake. Huge. About a half mile from home I started seeing spots on the side of my vision. Not good, Meg. I slowed to walk, said fuck it (that time I actually swore), and walked home. Even if I ate something the second I walked in the door I knew that last 1.5 would have beaten my ass so I opted out. Hey, 8.5 is better than 0.0.

I do have a complaint about the Jawbone. Because it monitors activity by the movement of my arm, it totally screws me over when I am running with the stroller. I used my Garmin so I knew my mileage was pretty damn accurate. Well, Jawbone had me running about three miles less than what I ran. Screw you, Jawbone. I think I earned extra miles just for wrangling toddlers.

The rest of the weekend was uneventful, thank god. After that run, I needed things to go a little smoother.

This week is insanely busy for me. I got a second job and training is in the evening on Monday and Wednesday. Yesterday I had a sick kiddo with a fever so I stayed home with him, then went to my training when Hubs got home. Tonight I get a break from training, but then the rest of the week is going to smack me in the face. Oh man, being busy and staying up late is just something I am not used to!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the tough run and the Jawbone. That sucks that it does that! Is that a known issue with them?
    2nd job! Yikes you are a busy bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ungrateful little hyenas! Here hoping they have a few good runs left in them for you :) Wishing you tons of extra energy for your busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your bad run too! Oh man, I have 2 stepsons, and they used to fight that way ALL the time. I think their fighting pretty much stopped around age 15 and 16. Drove me crazy for 10 years!! (I met them when they were 5 and 6)
    I have a Jawbone too. I went to the zoo last week and when I got home I noticed my mileage was way lower than it should've been. I discovered it was because I was pushing a stroller! My friend tracks her steps with an app on her phone, and it was accurate, but mine was totally wrong. That really sucks! Btw, we should be Jawbone friends. :)

    ReplyDelete