Monday, November 30, 2015

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Well, that long weekend flew by!

On Thanksgiving I hosted my first annual virtual Turkey Trot. I invited people over Facebook and oh man, the response was awesome. It needs it's own post so I will tell you all about it maybe tomorrow.

The rest of the weekend was spent doing awesome family stuff.

On Friday we took the Guys to their first movie. We saw The Good Dinosaur, which was adorable with only slight bits of peril that hopefully did not scar my children for life.
Oh yeah, we got the fancy seats that reclined

A sat on my lap for most of the movie. Thank goodness for big, comfy seats!
I did some online shopping then took C. shopping with me while A. napped. We ended up getting a Christmas tree for my mom. We brought it over to her house to decorate on Saturday.
C. put the ornaments on and took them off about five times. He loved it!
On Sunday, the awesome Runs to Get Waisted ran a half marathon. I can't wait to read her race report, it sounds like she did an awesome job. Our Lovely Ladies group joined together to run with her. For my part of it, I was supposed to run two miles. It was a chilly, yet sunny, afternoon and the Guys wanted some fresh air. I bundled them up and off we went.

I love running with these two!

We ended up with three miles and I realized between my running on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday I was probably my most active since I stopped half marathon training. I need a new goal race or I am going to be sedentary all winter long!

Finally, we picked out our Christmas tree. C. was so exhausted from all that running and shopping he fell asleep in the car and stayed asleep when we brought him inside. The tree isn't decorated yet, we'll do that tonight when both kids are awake.

And now it's almost December. Goodbye November. Yikes!

I am going to break a certain weight loss mark by the end of this year, so help me. It'll mean seriously buckling down and avoiding the treats, but I know I have it in me. I can do it! And I will start January at an awesome point.

Part of my plan is going low refined carbs. Any awesome recipes you can share will be great! I'm going to try pizza cauliflower crusts this week and subbing out sweet potatoes for potatoes in some of my recipes. May the force be with me, right?

Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend and are super pumped for December!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday weekend with the boys and the family! I love decorating with the little ones and miss Devyn being the age of your boys around Christmas. Guess I'll have to wait til I have grandchildren! (Oh the thought!). I'll just live vicariously through you for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we get a chance to take ours to see The Good Dinosaur! We took them to see Inside Out as their first movie theater experience... Ryan was terrified and buried his face in my chest until he fell asleep. He woke up about 10 minutes before it ended and actually watched it, and now still talks about it like it was the best thing ever :D I'm looking forward to decorating for Christmas with the kids this year. Good luck with low carbing and hitting that milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a adorable pictures and such precious family time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Good Dinosaur is on our list, so I'm glad to hear that it was good. Maybe we'll offer that as a bribe to Oliver this weekend to get him to sit in Santa's lap. :) Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete