Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Speaking Words of Wisdom, Let It Be

With the upcoming holiday and because my brain just doesn't want to cooperate with me lately here is a list, in no particular order, of things I am thankful for.


1. My wonderful family. Even when my boys are up at the asscrack of dawn and poking each other and fighting and crying because I gave them the wrong milk cups, even when I am exhausted because I was up four times in the night, and even when I want to nutpunch my husband who when I asked if he could wash the sheets, as in wash our bedding, actually washed JUST THE TOP SHEET AND FITTED SHEET not the pillowcases or blankets (take a deep breath Meg!), oh man do I ever love those guys.

2. The ability to run and walk and workout. I often get pissed off at my body for not being faster or get pissed off at myself for eating too much and for being fat, etc. But, really, I have a body that works. I can bend down and touch my toes and pull my shoes on. I can lift weights. I don't have a debilitating disease and I'm not sick.

3. My Lovely Ladies Losing It Group. It's been over a year and what started out as a fitness group to inspire each other to make it through October without eating any candy turned into a group of fantastic women who just get me. They are silly and funny and kind and caring and brave and just awesome. The internet can be a really shitty place, but it brought together a group of women from all over the country and for that I am thankful!

Bonus, I am also thankful for Alan Rickman:

4. My job. Yeah, going to work sucks. And if I could live a life of leisure trust me, I would. But, I have a job which pays our bills. My job provides health insurance for my whole family. I have a pension and an annuity. I am lucky!

5. Pub trivia. What, you think my whole thankful list is going to be serious? Have we just met? I love my trivia team. It's a chance for me to hang out with my fellow nerds and show off our mad nerd skills. Don't be jealous!

6.The library. I read bedtime stories to the boys every night, two or three books. Before I used to read the same books over and over and over and they would get bored and it sucked. Now I go to the library twice a week, load up on a bagful of what we call special books, and we have new books every night. The boys love it! On top of that, I LOVE the library. I am a reader and there is no way I could afford to buy all the books I like to read. If you don't go to your library you should because I am sure it is awesome and FREE BOOKS!!!

7. The DVR. Oh hello Hallmark Channel Christmas movies. Oh yes, I DVR the crap out of them and then watch them while I work out. I can spend over an hour lifting weights because I get into the movie and want to see what happens.


8. My mom and my in-laws. Hubs' parents watch the boys two days a week when he is working. And if he is busy all week, my mom picks up the extra day. They go to school on Monday and Friday so those days are covered. We are so lucky we have them in our lives. The boys love playing with them and we don't have to worry about getting the boys out of the house and to daycare five days a week. Trust me when I tell you that is a daunting task! On top of that, before the boys were in daycare my mom used to watch them five days a week! It sucked going back to work after they were born but it was an easier transition knowing they were home with my mom.

9. David Tennant. I haven't watched Jessica Jones yet. Not only is it supposed to be a super pro-woman badass superhero show, but it also has Tennant in it. Tennant!!!

10. Being able to blog. Sure, most days I am rambling about how much I hated a run or speedwork. Maybe I include a story about my boys. No matter what, most days it is a joy just to share with the handful of people that read this. You are awesome and I am thankful for you!!!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful holiday. What are you thankful for this year?

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post - even though Rickman didn't get his own number :) We all have so much to be thankful for...and I love that you don't overlook the everyday things - seriously library books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for David Tennant too. :) Love love love your list! Hope you have an amazing Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, Jessica Jones was amazeballs. Did not like Tennant being creepy though. And boy was he creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list! And love that you included that particular Rickman pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome thankful list! I'm on episode 4 of Jessica Jones, and it's pretty good. Tennant's character is definitely creepy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew there was a reason I liked you!!! Now I want to go watch Sense and Sensibility...for about the 1000th time. ;)

    Happy Thanksgiving! You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete