I am going to have a busy week and next week I have family in and I'm off work so I doubt I'll be posting anything. Figure today is as good of a day as any to post my 2016 goals.
But, first, a recap!
Here were my goals for this year:
Goals for 2015
1. Walk./run 1000 miles.
2. Lose at least fifteen pounds.
3. Walk 10,000 steps a day, everyday.
4. Run a race every month.
5. Run a half marathon outside the state of Michigan.
6. Run a 2:30 half marathon.
Let's see how I did:
1. Fell short of my Walk/run goal. I am currently sitting at 765.35 miles. It would be impossible for me to get 1000 miles this year. But, I did move more than I did last year so that's a bonus.
2. I did not lose fifteen pounds, but I did lose ten pounds and the scale is still heading downwards so I will call that one a win.
3. My Jawbone died on me about mid-November and I said, eff it and didn't bother replacing it. 10K steps is a lot!
4. I ran a race every month except August. A couple of months I ran TWO races. I call this one a success.
5. Shit, no race outside of Michigan. Although I did run the Monroe Half Marathon which is almost in Ohio.
6. My current PR for the half is 2:43. I say game on to you 2:30. I'm coming for you next year!
2016 you are going to be my year! I've got high hopes. Here are my goals for 2016:
1. Run six half marathons
*Rock CF Rivers Half Marathon: March 20, 2016
*Let's Move Festival of Races Half Marathon: April 30, 2016
*Charlevoix Half Marathon: June 25, 2016
*Chicago Half Marathon: September 25, 2016
The other two are TBD
2. PR all my race distances
3. Meet some of my Lovely Ladies
4. Run a half marathon outside of Michigan
5. Run 1000 miles (Seriously, I am going to do this damnit!)
There you have it. I would also like to keep up my monthly races, but this time I am going to look for races with distances for the boys. They love racing!
I hope you have a wonderful holiday and very happy New Year!!