Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Jingle Bells, Jing-Jing-Jing Jingle Bells, Jingle All the Way

I missed my morning run because my two guys woke up extra early yesterday. All day long that missed run hung out in the back of my mind until finally, once the boys were asleep for the night, I said screw it and went for a run.

To get myself to go I came up with a plan. This whole not being in training for anything can make it tough to actually run. Last night I put on a Christmas music station on Pandora and decided to just run through my neighborhood and go down the streets with the best Christmas lights.

Pre-run pic in front of the tree
 I didn't set my intervals, I just ran at an easy pace so I didn't have to worry about tripping on anything and I could look up and around at the lights instead of down at the sidewalk.
Side story, I saw Michael Buble in Forever Swing in 2000 with a group of co-workers. He was completely unknown in the U.S. at the time. I bought his cd from merchandising and as we were leaving one of the ushers told us if we wanted we could wait to meet him and get his autograph. We hung out because we were young, had nothing better to do, and he was cute and could sing. He came out in track pants and a white t-shirt, I can picture this so clearly, carrying an Adidas gym bag. There were four of us in total and he signed our cds, talked to us, took pictures, and hung out for about twenty minutes. It was such a wonderful experience that I think of every time I see super famous Michael Buble and his Christmas show.

I thought of it last night because a lot of the songs on this particular station were his songs.

Enough of that.

I ended up running three miles total. Like I said, easier pace. I felt good the whole time and enjoyed some lights. Pictures of Christmas lights NEVER turn out that well, but I have to post this one.
You can't really tell but all of the little lights on the house were created by some sort of LED spotlight with a filter and are not, in fact, individual little lights. I saw a bunch of houses with this set up and thought it looked really neat.
I am going to make headlamp selfies a thing!

I will definitely be doing this again this week. It was such a peaceful  run. Like I said, no training plan makes it hard to get out and run. But, running for the pure pleasure of getting out and looking at lights, now that is worth it.

8 comments:

  1. I love Christmas lights so much! Sounds like a wonderful run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...so awesome! Nothing like some great eye candy to distract you from the work at hand! All runs should be like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great run! I might have to try that out tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely need to get walking around the neighborhood again. Great idea to put the Christmas music on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you - it is hard to get going when I'm not training! I love your Christmas themed run idea. That may be just what I need to get moving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of running at night through decorated neighborhoods! My running partner and I will now be running through the decorated neighborhoods of Frankenmuth a few times before the end of the year. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I bet the area around Frankenmuth is just lovely!

      Delete