Monday, December 7, 2015

One Seems to Hear Words of Good Cheer From Everywhere Filling the Air

 We packed a whole bunch into our weekend. Boys had breakfast with Santa on Saturday, then we made Christmas cookies for my cookie exchange on Sunday, then I went to a euchre tournament. If you don't know how to play euchre, I will teach you it is fun!
We used ALL the cookie cutters in the house, hence the Christmas Triangles!

On Sunday, Hubs took the boys to his parents house so I could sleep in and get stuff done around the house in the morning without a toddler attached to my leg. It was great, although I did miss my stinkers. I did laundry, cleaned up in prep for the cookie exchange, then went for a run, also in prep for the cookie exchange. I had a great run. Man, it is no joke about the first mile being the worst. Before I was done with the first mile I was talking myself out of my three mile planned run into a two miles run. Then by the time mile two finished I said, screw it, and went for four. Crazy how the body and brain work.

Cookie exchange ended up getting sorta cancelled. Really, a bunch of people backed out. Now I have way too many cookies at my house that are going into the freezer because I just don't need them around. I don't even LIKE cookies that much but I know I will eat them if they are available. Stupid cookies.

This week my goal is three days with running and two days of walking. I have stuff planned for this weekend including a 5K for me and a 1/4 mile dash for the boys so that's a day of running right there. I think I'll aim for Tuesday and Thursday. We'll see how that goes.

How was your weekend? What's your plan for the week?

8 comments:

  1. Cookies are my thing. Great story about your run progression - the brain is a crazy machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, too many cookies. Talk about a problem. Can you send them with the boys to their daycare or school?

    My weekend was hectic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm Christmas cookies. And I love the Christmas triangle! It reminds me of the Christmas lobster in Love Actually lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles with that first mile Every. Single. Time. Even in a race, I'm thinking I will never make it the whole way and start immediately planning on throwing in the towel. But I always recoup...funny, indeed. The cookies would have to go far, far away, though...I'd find excuses to munch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have many runs like that! My sister and I were just talking about having a cookie exchange party. Sounds like so much fun! We'll probably do it in Jan. Too bad your party got canceled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've definitely had runs like before. I love that about running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will happily come and help you with your cookie problem. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's pretty lame that so many people backed out of the cookie exchange. We're planning to make cookies with the kids this week... most will go to our respective jobs, so there won't be TOO much temptation for me to eat them (I have no problem turning down baked goods that I bring to work, oddly enough).

    ReplyDelete