Friday, January 8, 2016

And She's Buying a Stairway to Heaven

I got my new stair stepper yesterday. Like a kid at Christmas I had to open it up right away and try the thing out.

I did five minutes right away. Then ten more minutes after dinner. I needed to go for a run last night so I left it at the fifteen. Holy balls my legs were burning and I was drenched in sweat. Yeesh.

My run was great, thank goodness. A part of me worried my legs would be too wobbly from the stair stepper but they were not. I survived.

It wasn't even that late but my brain didn't want to run. I ended up doing the whole, ha ha I will run 1.5 miles away from the house so I have to turn around and run back. It worked. My route took me through the downtown part of the city near my small city. There were people out going to the bar and stuff. Oh man, I used to be that young once, and go out on a week night.

Now I call it a late night if I stay up reading.

Just as I got home, a cop pulled someone over in front of my house. I tried for a police car/headlamp selfie.
Maybe not so successful.

I ended up running for forty minutes. With my fifteen minutes of stair stepping I was only five minutes away from an hour worth of cardio. Well, I couldn't leave it at that, could I? As soon as I got home, I took off my running jacket and some layers, put on Netflix and killed five more minutes on that damn thing.

My legs don't hurt as much as I thought they would. Surprisingly, my abs hurt. According to the awesome Runs to Get Waisted,  (who also recommended the stair stepper) it's because I have to use my core to keep my balance on the stair stepper. Makes sense.

Tonight I will do fifteen more minutes on that bad boy!

What are you doing this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Great job! I'm wondering if I need to get on the stair stepper bandwagon too! Glad you are liking it so far!

    Nothing much planned here other than taking down Christmas decorations (finally). Maybe a movie or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the selfie! The stepper sounds like a monster! This weekend is a road trip for new cell phones and a cheerleading competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's impressive! The first thing I thought of when I looked at it was, "Holy bad balance, I'd fall right over in the first minute on that thing!" Well done!! :) Nice selfie, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete