Monday, January 18, 2016

Why Can't a Fellow Ever Once Prefer a Solid Girl Like Me

I WENT FOR A RUN THIS WEEKEND!!!

Woo fricking hoo!

Saturday was a great day for running but I had a ton of stuff to do. Took the boys to the community center to play, then to Target for birthday presents for their friend, then back home. I dropped them off with my husband and really and truly just wanted to stay there and take a nap. I even found myself laying down on the chaise and closing my eyes. No Meg! I forced myself to get up and get dressed and run.

Why does the first mile of a run suck so damn much? At .75 miles I was read to turn around and go back home. I made myself keep going just so I could get past the "running sucks this is the worst why do I do this" feeling. I ended up with four miles plus negative splits!
It is cold here in Michigan, supposed to be cold all week. When the Feels Like temperature is -10 I can't run outside. I didn't sign up for the gym like I should have on Friday. Looks like I'll be doing that today on my lunch.

I survived the weekend which felt too jam packed and too short all at the same time. How does that happen? Five seconds ago it felt like it was Friday and now it's Monday morning and I'm exhausted. Sheesh.

Now, everyone keep your fingers and toes crossed this week goes better than last week!

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Way to rock that run! The weekends are always way too short... every Monday I wake up and think, "Already?" Sigh.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting it in! And great splits too! I can't remember the last time I ran a mile in less than 12 minutes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on that run, and kudos to running in that cold. That will freeze your bits and pieces ma'am, make sure you stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job on that run, and kudos to running in that cold. That will freeze your bits and pieces ma'am, make sure you stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on that run! Good lord that is cold! I can't even wrap my head around how cold that is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously amazing that you went from chaise to running in this cold...not many people can do that :) Even after a three day weekend it seems too short. Here's to a better week.

    ReplyDelete