Thursday, January 28, 2016

You Built Me Palaces Out of Paragraphs

I am just now getting over a lovely cold/sinus thing. I haven't worked out at all this week. Blergh. Oh yeah and I have yet another oral surgery scheduled for tomorrow except this time this one I am going to get anesthesia. Oh man, I am super nervous about that one.

I will not focus on the negative.

First thing's first, I self-published my book.

Amazon link found here.
This email made me cry.

And just in case I become world famous which I probably won't, but you never know right?, I started a writing blog here.

I have mentioned before how nervous I get before I perform. There is something very personal about singing and acting in front of people. I feel very vulnerable. That is how I feel releasing this book.

I sent my mom an email immediately after I shared the link on my Facebook page. I regretted sharing it because my friends were sharing the post and their friends, people I did not know, were buying the book. People I don't know are reading my book!

My mom said, "I understand. But the reason you wrote it was to have it read by others."

Moms are so smart.

I want people to read it. I don't want people to read it. I want to sing in front of an audience. I don't want to sing in front of an audience.

Blergh.

At least this is keeping my mind occupied and I'm not focusing on oral surgery. Oh shoot, now that I brought that up, I'm thinking about it!

Here's a fun distraction:

15 Reading Pet Peeves Every Book-Lover Understands

If you check out the link, let me know which ones you agree with.

I am done babbling. Before I sign off, I want to give a huge thank you to all of my Lovely Ladies who read early copies of the book and reported back to me. You're all the best!

Happy early weekend. I hope you have better plans than I do!

6 comments:

  1. AYEAYEAYEAYE! Yaaasss! So happy for you and publishing and all that jazz! So exciting! Hope all goes well tomorrow. We will be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you for publishing and getting it out there!! You've made me want to get up off my lazy ass and finish up my humor essays! Don't you stress about people reading your book because they're going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so freaking proud of you. So many people say they are going to write a book, but you actually did it! And published it! And I'm sure it's good! (In the process of reading now :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are inspirational...you set your mind to something, did it and now are sharing with the world. Go you!!! Hope your surgery goes well...be brave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am absolutely flabbergasted by people who say they don't read. My mind totally goes "that's a thing?!?" How could one be built that way? Totally contrary to my way of thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just want to say you are awesome and inspiring!! Congrats on this major accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete