Thursday, February 4, 2016

Everyday is a Winding Road

It has been a looooooong time since I have run in the morning. I have set my alarm quite a few times, but due to kids waking up in the middle of the night or just not feeling it, I haven't actually gotten up to go for said morning run.

Today I smoked that morning run.

Alarm went off.

I turned it off and got back in bed.

I got out of bed because as I lay there I realized I wasn't actually that tired. Plus, it was the first night in a long time where I actually slept through the whole night.

Get your ass up, Meg.

The running gods had a special treat for me this morning:
It wasn't much snow, in fact most of the sidewalks were pretty clear. I got in my three miles at a slightly slower pace than I have been. Running in the dark with wet pavement makes me a little nervous. Which is kinda funny since the only times I have fallen have been in broad daylight with dry pavement. Because I am awesome like that.
This run makes ten miles for me this week. A step in the right direction. I am  using Smash Run, the free version, which is a fun tool. I manually input my runs since I haven't been using my Garmin. Once I get into long runs again I'll use it. I set a goal of three runs a week and thirty miles this month. Let's see if I can make that happen!
Oh you know you all have missed my headlamp selfies!\

5 comments:

  1. I love seeing your bright shiny smile :) Good job on getting your inner slug out of that bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for headlamp selfies! Way to go getting that run done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on getting it done! Love that selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10 miles! Way to go! I'm having a hard time dragging myself out this week because I'm NOT making myself get up early like you are. I'll remind myself of your awesome headlamp selfie when I want to roll back over and go to sleep tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete