Tuesday, February 2, 2016

In Ireland They Know How to Love You

I weighed myself on Saturday because I am crazy was on pain meds had a rough two weeks leading up to dental surgery and knew some damage had been done.

Whoa, nelly, was it ever done.

Thankfully, I weighed myself again this morning and I have righted most of the wrongs. I am on track to crush the weight I have gained over January and really focus on my half marathon training. The weather here is cooperating. I should be able to get a run in this evening.

No, scratch that.

I WILL get a run in this evening.

My eating has been on par. It's tough to get nutrition when avoiding chewy, spicy, and crunchy foods. I am super paranoid about dry socket or infection so I'm babying my mouth like you wouldn't believe. Unfortunately, most soft foods are really just carbs and more carbs. Trying to keep it healthy with whole wheat pasta and homemade tomato sauce (can of diced tomatoes, seasonings, yum) instead of all white carbs and ice cream. I am not even normally an ice cream eater but I indulged a fair bit this weekend.

At some point I am going to need new running shoes. I just bought these last year but I can already tell I am wearing them out. It would be nice to get a pair I can rotate out, too so I don't beat the hell out of one pair of shoes all the time. I got gift cards to my local running store, Hansen's, for Christmas and still have some left from my birthday last year.

That reminds me, my husband got me a pair of running pants for Christmas. They are fantastic, I love them, they have pockets and are awesome. Except, they are a size too small. My goal for February is to be able to comfortably wear them by the end of the month. Wish me luck!

I have officially sold 18 copies of my book. That doesn't include any copies people can get free through Amazon Prime Kindle Unlimited. I have no way of tracking how many of those people have downloaded. It just seems so crazy that 18 people bought something I wrote. Crazy and still very, very...what is the word I am looking for? I feel very naked when I think about people reading it. When that happens I just think of what my mom said. "You wrote the book so people will read it. So let people read it."

My mom is a very wise woman.

If you're so inclined, here's the link.

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome advice that your mom gave you. Isn't it funny how we can blog about all kinds of things to everyone on the internet, but it's so nerve-wracking having a book out there? I think if I ever wrote a book and put it out there, I'd be super anxious about it too. It's like, here's this thing that I came up with all on my own and now people are actually paying money to read it? Nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 18 copies! That's amazing. Your mom is right and think of how many other people never even attempt something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always super paranoid about dry socket - I didn't use a straw for months after I had my wisdom teeth pulled :) I know you are going to crush February and we are going to see pics of you in those new running pants soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eighteen copies is truly awesome!! Congrats! I do know what you mean about the feeling of having your writing out there for all to read. As someone who obviously enjoys the lyrical poetry of music, I know you will appreciate this reference: the song "Breathe" by Anna Nalick (released in 2004...how is it now more than a decade old??) has some lines that I think perfectly sum up the feeling of publishing your own writing.

    "And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
    'Cuz these word are my diary screaming out loud
    And I know that you'll use them however you want to."

    Yes, it's scary, but so worth the effort!! :)

    Now go rock February, lady!! We need to do lunch soon!!

    ReplyDelete