Monday, February 29, 2016

It's Leap Day. Real Life is For March

Anna of Losing My Puppy posted a suggestion in our Lovely Ladies group, focusing on getting some goals done over the weekend. I said I wanted to run on Saturday and on Sunday.

On Saturday I had probably the worst run I have had in a really long time. My legs felt like lead for all three miles, but I made it through somehow.

Don't let the smile fool you.
 My legs felt OK on Sunday. I wanted to run in the morning but ran out of time. We took the boys to a local Hands On Children's museum which they adored. We got home, I helped get them dinner, then I went out for a run. This one was much, much better.
Tonight I am running a run Leap Year race that is held in this area every...well, every four years for obvious reasons. Weather should be good, not too cold. Hopefully the wind dies down.

I will be meeting up with That Loud Redhead and her son. It's always nice going to a race where you know someone.

This week is the last week of my trivia league, which means we are playing almost every night to get as many points as we possibly can. We're hanging onto the lead by three points, so wish me luck. I have plans for some morning runs, especially tomorrow. I love starting the month off with a run!

4 comments:

  1. 3 runs in a row! You are superwoman! (and possibly 4!) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a better run on Sunday. Great job for pushing through the bad one. Have fun at your race tonite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that you can smile no matter how tough the run :)

    ReplyDelete