Friday, February 19, 2016

Waiting for the Break of Day Searching for Something to Say

I have been eating like crap. My husband is in Vegas for a bachelor party this weekend (think more golfing less Vegas night life). It is finally supposed to be nice out, sunny and warm and I want to run. But, see above husband in Vegas. Thankfully, my sister has volunteered to watch my guys so I can get some mileage in but depending on a sitter for a run sucks. I have to get some mileage in because oh yeah, my first half marathon of the year is in a month eek!

Speaking of half marathons, I decided to say screw it to my funk and sign up for one.
Yep, just signed up for the Chicago Half Marathon. It's on Sunday, September 25, 2016. It will be my first half marathon out of state which is fun. I have a friend who lives there who will be running her first half marathon ever. And I am working on getting another local friend to go with me and make a Girl's Weekend of it.

Sunshine this weekend. Half marathon planned for the fall.

OK, let's do this.

4 comments:

  1. 25 or 6 to 4! Congrats on signing up! Here's to a good weekend and hope you can get some mileage in too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock!! I ran that one in 2013. I bought a really cute shirt that remains one of my favorites. The run...no so much. :p But yours will be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A girl's weekend race sounds like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to just sign up to break your funk :) A girls weekend will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete