Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A Plague on Both Your Houses

I know, it's not from Julius Caesar, but I am feeling angry so that Shakespeare quote fit my mood better.

I auditioned for a part in 9 to 5 The Musical for one of our local community theatres. I did not get a part. In fact, not only did I not get a part but this woman I cannot stand who is a favorite amongst the community theatre set for reasons that defy me, did get the part.

So there's that.

Auditions are worse than dating. The problem with my own auditions is I get super nervy and have a hard time truly showing off my voice. Much like dating, I think I read better after you get to know me. My sarcasm and keen wit take some getting used to. Add to it I'm an introvert, aside from when I am acting go figure, and well...let's just say I am thankful I am married and don't have to deal with Tinder.

The good news, instead of drowning my sorrows in pounds of spaghetti, I am just focusing on working off may anger in other ways. I think I shall go for a run.

In a few days I will be able to look at this and say, well at least I tired. Because no matter what, there is that. At least I tried.

3 comments:

  1. You did indeed. And you made a good conscious choice to run instead of taking your sadness out on a pint of ice cream. I, for one, could NEVER ever get in front of a crowd and perform. You are amazing! Truly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a huge win in making such a positive choice. I'm with Des - I could never imagine getting up to audition. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw this...they're stupid for not casting you. Don't they know that you are a young Patty Duke!?!?

    Screw 'em. You're just too awesome for that play.

    ReplyDelete