Monday, March 7, 2016

Praise the Lord, Get Out the Ammunition

I DID run on Friday night so thank you all for the encouragement. I ended up with a great three mile run. Saturday I had an active day of sledding with toddlers, chasing toddlers, pushing around a giant snow boulder, and playing in the snow. I am beyond sick of winter, even though it has been a mild one here, but I don't mind it quite as much when I get to have a snowball fight with my guys.

Sunday I had my first long run of this training cycle, oops. It went much better than I expected it to, I ended up with 10 miles. However, I forgot to bring fuel. I had lunch not that long before I ran so assumed I would be fine.

Nope. Rookie mistake. At about Mile 7 my stomach started growling and I could feel myself getting light headed. Oops. I powered through with the plan to end my ten miles at the library, which is a half mile from my house. Figured  I would pick up some books I have on hold and walk home for my cool down.

The library was closed when I got there! I thought they were open until five, nope it was only until four. NOOOOOO!!!

Trust me when I say that extra half mile walk sucked. The whole walk home I may have grumbled about how I could have been home eating dinner. Yep, run ten miles without complaints, whine when I have to walk a half a mile. I'm awesome like that.

My calves have been bothering me when I run and I just realized it's probably because my shoes are getting worn out. New shoes here I come! I will get them this week so I can get a few miles on them before my half marathon on the 20th.

Today is a rest day. A rest day and a vocal lessons day as I meet with a friend who is going to help me work on my audition song for auditions next Monday. I really hope I get a part, it has been far too long since I've been on a stage. I hung out with my Robocop: The Musical friend and his cast on Saturday and I have to admit I really miss being around theatre people. There is nothing quite like the bonding one gets with their cast mates.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the hungry run but 10 miles! That is spectacular. Robocop: The Musical sounds like a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I totally get the 1/2 mile walk grumble. Don't we just like things to go the way we planned? Snowball fights with the guys sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 miles without fuel! Holy cow! You're super woman. I would have definitely given up. :)

    ReplyDelete