Thursday, April 28, 2016

Course By Course, One By One, 'Til You Shout 'Enough I'm Done!'

I made a goal at the start of this month to get 2000 active minutes. Well, I am currently sitting at 1823 and I have a half marathon on Saturday that combined with the walk to the start and the walk home should put my well over 180 minutes. Woo-hoo!

I also tried a bunch of new recipes this week. I have been aiming for more meat free eating over the past couple of weeks and this week was the first one where all of the meals I cooked were vegetarian. Hubs is a good sport about it, he just gets his meat fix for lunches or will make a sandwich. And the boys have never really liked meat so it has worked for all of us.

I made this awesome Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa last night. I highly recommend it, even if you aren't a vegetarian. It cooked a little longer than I wanted it to and I worried it would be too mushy, but it was just right. I am having some for my lunch today and probably tomorrow, as well. Yum!

For the next two days I am going to focus on drinking tons of water and staying off my feet as much as possible as a person can when they have twin three year olds in their life. I feel really good about this upcoming race and want to keep that feeling going through the start on Saturday.

3 comments: