Thursday, April 21, 2016

I Hurt Myself Today

That scream you heard? That was me submerging myself in the bathtub and finding the spot the hook and eye enclosure from my bra rubbed raw. Hooo-weeee did that ever sting! Note to self: ditch that old sports bra ASAP!

I don't normally worry about chafing on short runs but for some reason I had some lovely spots after this one. I won't go into details about where the spots are but let me tell you, it ain't pretty.

For some stupid reason I was all pumped for this run so took off out of my house like a bat out of hell. Wrong move. Game over, man, game over. My shins started screaming at me by .5 miles and I had to chant over and over "The first mile lies, the first mile lies, sweet jesus, the first mile lies" otherwise I would have turned right around and gone back home. By the start of the second mile my legs hurt so bad I had to stop and stretch. It took me a full minute or two of stretching before I could move again and then I slowed way down to just give my legs a chance to recover. After that lovely slow second mile I decided to kick it up a notch for my last mile.
I realized after my run that I walked on the treadmill the previous night in kinda crappy shoes. I wonder if that also had something to do with my shin pain. I will not be doing any walking on Friday since I have an 11 mile run planned for Saturday. My best friend is going to ride her bike next to me for support. It's really awesome she was talking about getting into running so we're going to start meeting up with the kiddos in the jogging strollers and running a mile or two to get her started then letting the kiddos go play at the park. Everyone gets fresh air!

Can it be Friday yet? This week is being very unkind and moving slow as molasses!

5 comments:

  1. I love that your friend is going to ride her bike along with you...I would totally do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God, I was absolutely laughing out loud at "The 1st mile lies! Sweet Jesus! " I can totally hear you saying that!

    I really wish I could come run 11 miles with you! One of these days.

    Hope you're feeling better In all those "unmentionable" places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog through running in pink project. Nice to find another runner to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bad shoes will definitely set you up for pain, even if you're just walking. The first does lie, absolutely :)

    ReplyDelete