Monday, April 18, 2016

I Was Kissing Valentino By A Crystal Blue Italian Stream

It is always hard to start the week after having such a wonderful week with the family. As we were driving home from a party yesterday evening one of my sons said, "Mama, I had a good day today." True story, kiddo.

I kept pretty active. Saturday evening my husband went out for a bachelor party and once the boys were in bed I figured I would give my new treadmill a whirl. It has been a long time since I ran on a treadmill, it took a lot out of me. I need to figure out what pace works best for me, that's for sure. I rented Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (I love me some big budget action movies) and ran for 5.5 miles. I needed eight, but like I said, getting the pace on the treadmill was tough, plus I was tired. I'm happy with what I got in there.
I would also like to count in the calorie burn from Friday evening. It was a pain in the butt to get the treadmill down there and once it was my husband said he was never going to move it again. If we ever move, the new homeowners will get it as a housewarming present!

On Sunday, we had a little adventure. I was on the way to my mom's house with the boys when we had a tire go flat on us. I was on the expressway and it wasn't quite a blow out, but the low pressure light went on and then I could feel the tug on the steering wheel of a flat tire. I managed to get over three lanes, and off the expressway, all while chirping like Mary Poppins, "Everything is great. We're doing fine. We are great! You are such wonderful boys." I have had it ingrained in my head my whole life that you don't stop on the side of the expressway for a flat tire. As my mother always used to say, "You can always replace a rim, but you can't replace a life". I drove on the flat tire with my hazards on to the nearest exit, then pulled in the first driveway which just happened to be at a tire store. HA! They were closed, but we left the truck there, did a switcheroo with the minivan and I was on my merry way an hour later.

I get made fun of by my family for driving like an old person, I don't speed, I am a cautious driver, etc, but I felt like Ricky effing Bobby after that little adventure!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Less than two weeks until my half. Happy Boston Marathon Day! My Mom's Run This Town group is running 2.16 miles today in honor of Kathrine Switzer (first woman to officially run the Boston Marathon, if you don't know much about her, read this, it's pretty awesome). If you can, get out and run, walk, bike, or elliptical that distance and share a picture! Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Ooof sorry about the flat. Sounds like you handled it like a pro though! Oh what a cool idea about the miles today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the flat tire worked out so smoothly! I dread the idea of something like that happening with Oliver in the car just because kids add a whole new level of stress (to everything I think!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh noes! It sounds like you handled the flat tire perfectly, that must have been so stressful with the kids in the car!

    ReplyDelete