Tuesday, April 5, 2016

I'm Young, Scrappy, and Hungry

I turn 36 next week. It's not a monumental birthday by any means, but it is a tick in the direction towards "quickly heading out of my thirties". I don't know where I read it or who said it, but somewhere in my life I heard about your thirties being the best years of your life. I would have to say, so far they have not let me down. I have done things in my thirties I never thought I wold do when I was in my twenties. And I did them without worrying about what other people thought about me. Because if there is anything I have learned as I have aged is I don't really care what people think of me. Oh, I care what my friends and family think, but random stranger, eh, who cares.

In four years I will be forty. You may have noticed a little addition to my sidebar. If you didn't notice, I won't judge you. I did this before I turned thirty and thought why not give it a go again. I'm adding fun things I would like to do before I turn forty. I feel like things I wished for in my twenties- to get married, have kids, buy a house-they have happened to me so I will focus on those things I have daydreamed about.

One thing I am very proud of, that I accomplished this year is self-publishing my book. I know every author ever has it in their head that they have written something worth being published, really published not self published. I enjoyed writing The Luckiest, fell a little in love with my characters. It's a fun read if you haven't read it yet. Plus it's only 99 cents! Sorry, shameless plug there. If anything, writing that book has inspired me to write more. I forgot how much I missed it until I started doing it again. Will I someday write something a publisher will like? Who knows!  At least I am trying!

Is there something you have always wanted to try but maybe it scares you a little bit? Let me tell you, I am living proof that even if you fail at it, at least you tried. Stop waiting and just do it! 

5 comments:

  1. The 30's are badass, and I'm so proud and in awe of the things you have done. You should be proud and in awe! And I love your 4 Til 40 list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list!! I will cheer you on for all of them!! Any goal race in mind for a marathon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to do Bayshore just because it is supposed to be FLAT and beautiful but it sells out quickly. If not that, I am thinking Glass City. Maybe next year...

      Delete
  3. I love your 4 until 40 list! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete