Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Is It Getting Better or Do You Feel the Same?

There are times where working out and being active come easily to me and times where I struggle something fierce just to get out the door. Usually I have to trick my mind into working out. For example, last night, I needed to run. It didn't need to be a long run by any means, but a decent run, especially after my poor showing on the treadmill. I had plans to watch the second season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix last night. Instead of driving to her house, I ran there and then she drove me home.


It was a five mile run, but I overshot her house, they just moved there, so I got a little lost and it was more like a five and a half mile run. Thank goodness for map apps on phones, that's all I have to say.



I have to repeat to myself over and over that the first mile is a lie. Seriously, I have no idea how runners become runners when we have to deal with Mile One. Three quarters of the way through that bad boy I was all set to turn around and just drive to my friend's house. Does anyone know the science behind Mile One Suckage? Thankfully I was listening to Hamilton and powered through. The rest of the run was great, in fact I felt like I could have gone longer and my legs still feel good today. Stupid first mile. What are your tricks to get through it?

1 comment:

  1. The first mile still sucks for me almost every time. The worst is that the first few steps of the first mile are good, but between 0.1 and 0.9 I wonder why I think I can do this and why it sucks so much.

    ReplyDelete