Friday, April 29, 2016

This Is The Moment! Damn All the Odds!

I don't know why I feel so good coming into this half marathon, but I do. My training has been good, but I haven't done any speed work (on purpose) so I doubt I will PR. I just look forward to a good race, finishing strong, and feeling good enough to go party at a wedding afterwards.

The timing of it will be tight. I should finish by 12:30 and the wedding ceremony starts at 2:00 on the other side of town. I will shower and change at my mom's, right by the race, and  then book it to that side of town. I am never hungry immediately following a long run, but I will pack a sandwich to eat on the way when the hunger strikes. Then I will go home, get my things because we are staying in a hotel on Saturday we are FANCY, and go to the reception/hotel which starts at six. I also plan on bringing some treats with me to the hotel so I can relax there for a little while since I have a feeling at some point my legs are going to tell me to go eff myself and I will want to put them up. Plus, I have a box of Thin Mints I have been saving since March! (In the freezer, I'm not an animal!)

Happy weekend to you. Happy running, happy trails! Please keep your fingers and toes crossed for no rain! Sorry, Katie, hope the weather gets better for your race!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! I hope the race (and weather) goes according to plan for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh good luck tomorrow! We will be rooting you on! Have fun at the race and the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're gonna be as busy as I am! It's gonna be hard fitting everything in. Yea, my weather isn't looking any better. Rain, and then thunderstorms starting at 9! Hope you have good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go get 'em!!! I'll be thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was sending happy thoughts all morning - hope the race went well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack I am so behind on blogs!! I hope that you had a wonderful race. And ahem, the ladies need to see wedding outfit pictures....

    ReplyDelete