Thursday, May 12, 2016

Born and Raised in South Detroit

FINALLY, some good news. I went to the endodontist for my follow-up appointment. I had a lovely apicoectomy last year and went in at six months and today to make sure it healed properly. Excellent news, all is good and I am done with the endodontist. Except I know how my mouth works so I have a feeling I will be back there some day down the road.

Eh.

I was so pumped about signing up for the marathon that I had to make sure I got a run workout in. I ran and then spent thirty minutes beating myself up on the weight bench.

Flying Pig is hilly for the first half of the course. From what I read, for at least the first eighteen or so miles. I am not going to let flat ass Michigan get me down. My plan, is to run hills on the treadmill. I just need to find a good hill workout. If you have one you love, let me know! When I can, there are a couple of Metroparks in the area that have hills on them, I will try to get my LONG runs going on those. We shall see. I think weights and hill training are going to be my best friend!

This is real.

Until then, my new goal for the summer (I won't start marathon training until September) is to PR my 5K. Let's do this!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent plan! Glad the mouth is feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you!! You're almost convincing me to sign up for one next year... ;)

    We need to run together this fall! I'm curious about your training plan that starts 8 months out??

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll help you get through those hills. I think hill work on the treadmill is a good idea. I've also heard that parking garages (if you can find one where you get run over) work well.

    ReplyDelete