Monday, May 9, 2016

Don't Let Me Hear You Say Life's Taking You Nowhere

My friend: Hey, so you run whatever pace you want. Don't worry about me.
Me: What are you talking about? I'm running this with you.
Friend: Why? I only signed up for this to support you!

My friend ran her second ever 5K without training on Saturday because for some reason she thought I needed her support? I have no idea where her brain was. But, she's one of my closest friends so we had fun and she said at just past mile two, "God, I hate running."

Fun times.

I didn't love the race. It was a SMALL one, which is usually fine, but I was told there would be medals for the boys when they finished their Mile and there were not any. Not cool. Thankfully, the boys didn't care, they just ran, then played on the playground with my husband while I ran the 5K.

C finishing with his arms up
A. finishing strong!
The best part, honestly, was this:
There were four of five of these with different names. I don't know if they randomly picked my name or if someone is friends with a different Meg B, but I enjoyed this. I am going to look at this picture when I get down in the dumps about stuff.

I can do it.

Hope you had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the race but that is some awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool that they wrote on the path! Almost makes up for the lack of kid medals - that would have been a serious downer for O.

    ReplyDelete