Thursday, May 19, 2016

I Met Him On a Monday and My Heart Stood Still

I haven't run in a week so I hauled my ass onto the treadmill yesterday to get some mileage in. Not actively training makes it hard to make myself move. I ran three miles, then spent twenty minutes kicking the incline of the treadmill up from a six to an eight to a ten while walking. Holy crap, did I feel the burn. But, I am proud of myself for not holding onto the arms of the treadmill and finishing strong. Those Cincinnati hills are going to be a walk in the park!

I finished my night out with thirty minutes of arms and legs weights. Fell the burn, Meg. FEEL THE BURN!!

My butt hurts today which is a good feeling! Well, not a good feeling exactly but I feel good knowing I worked hard enough to make my glutes sore today.

Better news, even better than working out updates, I got a role in a show! I tried a different community theatre and ended up with a nice sized role. I would have taken ensemble with this group, they were all so kind and nice at auditions. Instead, I have solos! Woo-hoo! I'll keep you posted on that.

I'll leave you with this, since I love a post with pictures. I came home from my audition on Monday to this lovely bouquet from Hubs. He was gone all weekend and he brought me these just because. Love that man.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the treadmill. I need to start doing hills/inclines more often!
    Congrats on getting a role! Can't wait to hear more about it. Sounds like you got a good man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the audition! I'm the same - it's hard to move without a training plan, which definitely leads me to registering for races to get myself up off the couch.

    ReplyDelete