Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Mistress Mary Quite Contrary

I spent a good chunk of my Saturday turning my little veggie garden from this:
Into this:
I know, I know not very many plants. Funny thing, we used to do tomatoes, but usually tomatoes end up being so prolific we can't keep up. I enjoy a raw tomato occasionally, as does Hubs, but we get too many and they are wasted. Yes, I could jar them and make sauces, etc. But, since I usually barely have time to make our dinner, let alone pre-make sauce for future dinners, I decided to pass on tomatoes this year.

What you see in that picture are two zucchini plants and two cucumber plants. Fingers crossed those puppies turn out! I love me some cukes and I love zucchini. I want to have oodles of both. Hopefully there's plenty of room for them to grow!

I couldn't figure out why my back and arms were so sore on Sunday until I remembered the gardening. Ah yes.

May has FLOWN by. I'm going to do a measurement update in a few days, see how I am doing there. I need to do more strength training, but I have been getting down to my basement gym at least once a week this month, sometimes twice, which is more than previous months. I have also been utilizing the incline of my treadmill. I am going to crush those Cincinnati hills next spring!

2 comments:

  1. Oliver just told me this week that he loves zucchini bread, so now I'm thinking to adding that to my garden plans. I get overrun with tomatoes too. They're just so hard to keep up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the plants get bigger look into getting/Macbyvering a cucumber trellis. Saves your back and the veggies! Good luck with the garden!

    ReplyDelete