Monday, May 16, 2016

Poor, Unfortunate Souls

I read somewhere that most people's comfort foods are foods you eat with a spoon because subconsciously they remind us of when we were little and being spoonfed by someone who took care of us. Maybe that is all wrong, but personally, my comfort foods are definitely soft spoon-eating foods. I had a rough weekend flying solo and Sunday night found myself fixing up mashed potatoes with canned corn. It wasn't the healthiest dinner, but it made me happy and comforted.

I auditioned for another musical and was once again rejected. You all, I know I am not leading lady material, I don't have the pipes for it. But, getting rejected for even a crappy part sucks. Deep breath and let it out. Another audition tonight. I honestly don't know how people do this professionally. I need to develop a thicker skin.

Between that, the lack of sleep with no husband home, the boys being great aside from being exhausted Sunday evening and melting down over everything, I ended up with my bowl of potatoes.

It's a new day and a new week. We survived the weekend.

 Hope Monday is kind to you.

2 comments:

  1. The spoon thing makes a lot of sense. Potatoes and corn sounds very comforting - warm, soft, spoonable. I get it. Hope hubby is coming home soon so you get at least a little mental back up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuck that, you're the leading lady of our lives!! Don't let it get you down, you WILL get a part soon.

    ReplyDelete