Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Feed Me Seymour, Feed Me All Night Long

I changed up my riced cauliflower last night. Went more Mexican inspired with it. I added some frozen tri-color pepper strips, some salsa verde, and some seasoning. It wasn't as good as the Asian inspired dish, mostly because the soyaki marinade I use is THE BEST. Next up, I will try a more Italian flare.

For those that are super excited for the riced cauliflower at TJ's, I have found it in the frozen section. There is also a fresh riced cauliflower package in the veggie section but I have never tried it. I know from reading other blogs the frozen stuff tends to run out. I usually shop at the ass crack of dawn because I am awake and TJ's turns into the seventh circle of hell on a weekend. Which means when I get there there's usually a whole bunch of bags. I usually get two every time I go,  but now I might bump that up to four. For 1.99 a bag I get two meals out of it, dinner and then a leftover lunch. Can't beat that!

Here's my little guy helping with the TJ's shopping. I look at this picture and holy crap he looks so big!
I need to up my protein game so I picked up a couple of Clif bars and some Larabars at Kroger yesterday. I will see how I like them. I can't do whey protein which is a pain in the butt. I am on a seach for the Larabars with the ALT in the name, they have added pea protein, but my Kroger didn't carry them. I can buy a case online but would like to taste them first to see if they are worth it.

Funny thing about peas, I had no idea they were a good source for protein until I started looking up vegan protein bars and powders. Now I know what I am adding to my stir frys!

1 comment:

  1. I love those little carts at Trader Joe's. It's one of Oliver's favorite places to go. I'll have to try hitting ours early in the morning to see if I can get some of that cauliflower. Good to know it's available fresh too!

    ReplyDelete