Tuesday, June 21, 2016

We're Gonna Make It After All

I have had a weird ankle issue for the last week or so. It's not sore, I didn't sprain it, it just feels off, especially when I wear flats. I know, flats are no good for me, but they're cute, cheap, and I can wear them to work.

I took the week off running, even missed a planned 8K, although I didn't miss much, check out That Loud Redhead's post on it. (Spoiler: It was HOT!) Yesterday I took an easy treadmill run because it was still 89 degrees at 8PM last night. I just wanted to see if my ankle could handle it. Surprisingly, my ankle felt better running than it has all week just walking around. I don't know what's up with it. Since I won't see a doctor for anything unless it is an emergency or my annual check up, I'll wait it out as long as I can. Yes, I am that person. No, I will not change. Don't judge me.

Because of my slacker week last week, I'm all about laser focus this week. I ran and did an hour weight workout (hello wobbly arms this morning). Aiming for three nights a week of weights, and three nights or mornings of running. Plus,  now that it's finally WARM still, I think I might try to do some lap swimming at the outdoor city pool after the boys go to bed. The pool is open until 8:30, but we've had some pretty cool nights and I haven't felt up to swimming/

How are you going to stay active this week? Stay cool!

3 comments:

  1. That's great that you have a pool available! It passed warm here and went directly to HOT so pool time would be very welcome. It's a great workout too! Hope your ankle is back to normal soon! *Note: Just glanced at your 4 'til 40 list and we're going to tackle the meet up and properly trained marathon in the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the link!! <3 Yeah, it was pretty miserable! But there were Pop Tarts!!!

    I'm glad your ankle is better. I've had a similar experience! And I'm happy to say, it worked itself out! :)

    Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad running felt good on your ankle!!!!!

    And no judgement here about the doctor visits...I'm probably worse than you!!!!! (I push off the annual check up as long as I can!!! I know that's bad!!)

    ReplyDelete