Thursday, July 14, 2016

I'm Gonna Wait Til My Bobby Gets Home

I have two rehearsal free days off in a row and I am taking advantage of them.

Last night I cooked a real meal for what feels like the first time in ages. I made an unstuffed cabbage casserole with TVP instead of ground beef. It didn't have a ton of flavor, but I added a little salt and it was better. I pretty much through some rice, some tomato sauce, some diced tomatoes, and shredded cabbage into a casserole dish and baked it.

I use the bags of shredded cabbage from Trader Joe's so I don't even have to chop up cabbage. I am a damn genius! This will also be my lunch today.

After dinner I went for a run on the treadmill. I had a super crappy 5K at the end of June, partly due to heat and I don't know what else. It bummed me out, so last night I challenged myself to run my three miles as fast as I could.

It was awesome, I ended up with an average pace of 10:58 per mile! Of course by the end I was pretty much a dead woman running, thought my legs were going to fall off, and drenched in sweat. It was worth it!

Confession: I have to tell you, in the show I am in, I play an older version of a character. The younger version is about half my size, which sucks. I try not to let it get to me, we all come in different shapes and sizes, right? But, when I have to wear a costume similar to hers and she is all tiny and petite, I feel like a giant troll standing next to her. Blergh.

That's my troublesome thought for the day.

3 comments:

  1. Just think of how much awesome you fit into the space that is yours. :) That's a great 5K time and pace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome and amazing job on that 5K!! I am super-impressed!

    I have to confess, I have no idea with TVP is. ???

    ReplyDelete