Thursday, August 4, 2016

I Hurt Myself Today to See if I Still Feel

What do you do when your brush up rehearsal ends early enough you're home before ten? Go for a run outside! It was a little humid but running on the treadmill seems to bother my leg more than running on pavement so it was time to suck it up, buttercup and run outside.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling my hip issue isn't just a treadmill thing. Although if I analyze the pain it seems to radiate from my hip down the side of my leg, but not quite the side, sorta the side/back. Anyone know what muscle that is?

Good news: After the first mile it felt great.

Bad news: I had to suffer through the first mile where I almost had to walk the entire thing.

More bad news: Probably going to have to take a break from running for a bit.

That's the thing with injuries. The only way to make them better is to rest. Ah, bull crap to that.

I'm going to see if I can cross train without the muscle bothering me. Might ride my bike or swim. We shall see.

I did have a good run once my leg stopped hurting so there is that...
Pretty fountain on one of my neighborhood streets

1 comment:

  1. Does it sound like something in the gluteus medius? (More on that here: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/21/when-the-diagnosis-is-dead-butt-syndrome/?_r=0 and you can google it) That kind of radiating sounds gluteal in my totally non-sports medicine opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete