Wednesday, August 3, 2016

I Wonder Who, Who Wrote the Book of Love

Much like riding a bike, things are slowly coming back to me. Oh I remember you lifestyle change. Things like drinking more water, planning healthy snacks, deciding what I am going to get from a restaurant before I even go there, the usual tricks of the trade.

It's other things, too. Focusing on whether or not I am hungry or just bored. Avoiding fast food, and trigger foods in general. Did I mention the whole "not eating just because I am bored" thing?

It's not hard. Yet it is hard. The little changes are easy enough, it's implementing them, keeping up with them that gets hard. It gets hard when some days I am tired and drained and just want to eat carbs and veg.

This morning I had refried black beans from Trader Joe's for breakfast. It doesn't look like much, but it fills me up and I love the way it tastes. I forget how much I dislike breakfast food which is why I often stop at fast food places on my way to work. At least McDonald's hashbrowns taste good! Breakfast doesn't mean one has to eat breakfast food. I can eat whatever I want as long as it keeps me nice and full until lunch.

Which is how I ended up eating refried black beans for breakfast.
My big inspiration for this, on top of many things, is I am planning on auditioning for Chicago: The Musical in November. The theatre company I am with is very size-inclusive so I don't think I won't get a part because of how I look. However, if I did get a part the costumes for Chicago tend to lean towards the skimpy side. I want to feel comfortable while performing in a show I love. Add to that, I start marathon training in November and everyone knows it is far easier to run with less weight!

Those are the two things that are my big push right now: Chicago and marathon training.

How about you? Any tips for someone getting back into the swing of weight loss?

2 comments:

  1. Black beans for breakfast. Oy. You enjoy those. ;)

    You're doing awesome on your habits!! I so know what you mean...it's hard but not hard. You can do it!!

    I'm so excited for you to try out for at musical! I've never seen it, but maybe this is my reason to!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that I would eat just black beans, but black beans with eggs in a tortilla would be awesome. You're doing great to start working on this now! I thought I would but somehow came into marathon training heavier than I finished my half marathon cycle. Whomp whomp :( Ah well, we do the best we can, right?

    ReplyDelete