Wednesday, August 10, 2016

You Make a Garbage Man Scream

We have had donuts offered everyday this week at work. Plus, lunch has been catered. It makes it difficult to track calories- I like to log my food for the day into MFP first thing in the morning- but I find a way. It helps a lot of the catered food is meat heavy and not interesting to me. I have gone with loading up at least half my plate with veggies and splurging on enjoying the hell out of a roll.

I don't like donuts, but sometimes I eat them because they look good. They never taste as good as they look and I usually regret the wasted calories.

This morning I had a lovely peach to go with my oatmeal.
Weird thing about me: I don't like eating peaches whole, but when I slice them up I enjoy them. I think it's because it breaks up the furry skin so I don't get a mouthful of peach fuzz with every bite. I'm weird.

This is what it is all about. Finding ways to be healthy without feeling like I am torturing myself. Any successful weight loss comes from doing stuff you will be happy doing for the rest of your life. I'm never going to give up carbs. But, a peach instead of a donut? Sounds good to me!

1 comment:

  1. That's not weird at all. Or if it is, count me in, because I also hate just biting into peaches. The furry skin and the fact that it resists just a little more than it should just don't work for me. Ick. I love them cut up though!
    Great perspective - peaches are definitely more worth it than donuts.

    ReplyDelete