Thursday, November 3, 2016

I Was Working in My Lab Late One Night

I wandered around my house most of yesterday evening, picking up pieces of Halloween candy, putting them back down. Looking at the carbs in my cereal. Putting it back. I wasn't hungry. I had a super filling dinner of homemade turkey stroganoff with zucchini noodles. But, my mind wouldn't let it go.

After the boys were asleep and Hubs was home I decided to hit my home gym. I haven't run in a while because of a nagging hip issue. But, with my mind all jumbled and the giant bag o' Halloween candy in the house, I NEEDED to do something. I ran a mile on the treadmill. Funny thing, my treadmill is stuck on an incline right now. I'm guessing it's about a three or four, but not sure. Anyway, it means I am running uphill so I struggled. It was a brutal run and a brutal mile, but I stuck it out. then I kept walking until I hit thirty minutes of activity. After that it was weights. I know my body is adjusting to lower carbs, I can tell from the way it felt to workout. Good news, the weights felt GOOD. I was afraid I would feel shaky.

When I was done with my workout it was back up to my kitchen and Temptation Island. Again, I pondered the candy but there really wasn't anything calling my name. I brushed my teeth, read a little bit, and went to bed. Well done, me.

I've decided to make my weigh-in days Monday. I have a tendency to use the weekends as an excuse to slack off and I don't want to do that. I weighed in on Monday and was already down a couple of pounds. This morning as I passed the scale in my bedroom I hopped on. And I am down another 1.5 pounds.

Do I think my weight will continue to drop as quickly as it has once my body figures shit out? Nope. But I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!

3 comments:

  1. Good call on brushing your teeth...who wants to eat candy after doing that?? Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job keeping Mt. Candy at bay and also getting that exercise in and the weight loss too!

    ReplyDelete