Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Sugar, Awww Honey, Honey

I have learned, the hard way, that I have what some may call, a bit of a sugar/carb thing. As in, I love them. I love them soooooo much. I want to make out with them. I want to draw little hearts with my initials plus SPAGHETTI or FRENCH BREAD.

You see where I'm going here?

I always do better with dieting, eating, and working out in the fall. There's less going on, it's cooler so running outside is much more enjoyable. So I've come up with a November challenge for myself. I'm going to go low carb/higher fat and protein. I started prior to November 1st because I wanted to be in my zone by the time the 1st rolled around.

Good news, when I weighed myself to get my starting weight for the month I am already down almost four pounds. And that's without adding in any exercise. Funny thing, cutting carbs = waaay less energy for me. I know it's my body adjusting to burning different forms of fuel, etc. It still sucks. Needless to say, I have had zero energy or willpower to do anything more physical than march around my house to get my 10,000 steps in.

As I've worked my way through the "carb flu" I feel more and more like myself and like working out. It also hasn't helped I got hit with this wicked cold going around. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with that one, as well.

Alright, lower carbs here I come!

If you're a lower carb eater naturally, or are doing the same thing, please feel free to share some yummy recipes. I have made a few which have been good, but am always open for more suggestions. Oh yeah, and welcome to the 2010's, Meg, I tried zucchini noodles for the first time (hello spiralizer) and absolutely loved them. I sauteed them with a little bit of butter before adding my sauce over them and they had the texture of REAL PASTA. I am for it!!

4 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by the zucchini noodles. I've never tried zucchini though. Great job giving the low carb/high protein a go. Interested to hear how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing great things about a spiralizer!!! I may have to get one (when I have my own place again!!).

    I love carbs so just reading your low carb challenge made me shiver and tremble in fear!!!! Hahaha. Good luck! Maybe I'll be inspired by your success and join in the low carb fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a spiralizer for over a year and haven't ever used it, I'm a little ashamed to say! You've convinced me to pull it out and try it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm over here with MaryFran, shivering in fear. ;)

    Never had a spiralizer...might look for one!

    ReplyDelete