Monday, March 6, 2017

And All of the Ghouls Come Out to Play

My thoughts while running 17 miles yesterday:

One foot in front of the other. One foot in front of the other.

One foot in front of the other. One foot in front of the other.

Oooh look, a pretty sunrise.

Hamilton really does make running a lot easier.

Oh no, sad part. Choking up while running is not easy.

Potty break! (Hugs to the boys. No, Mama cannot get you a fruit bar right now, I am literally running in the door to pee and filling up my water bottle. Love you. See you in a little while!)

Wow, not even halfway there, huh?

Oh no, Hamilton ended! I need you, Lin-Manuel!
 
OK, just put Hamilton back on again.

Nope, it doesn't have the same effect and my legs are like lead and this run is never, ever going to end.

Another musical? SOMETHING TO DISTRACT MY BRAIN!!

Three miles left. Three miles. That's a 5K. You can run a 5K in your sleep.

Switch to the running playlist and hope some good songs distract.

Praise Jesus, Florence + the Machine "Shake It Out" just lifted my spirits. Let's keep this up, running playlist.

Longest two miles ever.

Longest 1.5 miles ever.

One mile to go. You got this!

Is that the house? Oh my god, it's the house. I'm not crying, you are!!

4 comments:

  1. You totally owned that run!!!!!!! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazeballs! You are going to kill that marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this and I love it! You are so funny! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete