Monday, April 3, 2017

A Mile a Day

The good news: I only missed two SHORT training runs in March.

The bad news: After my 20 miler a week ago, I feel just a smidge burnt out. I lacked motivation and skipped TWO runs this week. Since I only skipped two the entire month of March, and it is only April 3rd, this is not a good thing.

To find my mojo and keep up with my training schedule so I can kick ass at the Flying Pig, I've got a month long challenge for myself.

The Challenge:

Walk or run at least one mile every single day. And I mean, consciously walk, as in go out on my lunch and walk or get on the treadmill and walk. I'm not going to count the Fitbit steps I get in throughout the day.

I'll do my training runs on training days and walk on the other days. Or maybe do an easier run if I feel up to it. No over training, just getting up and moving more than I have in a few days. Gotta get those legs in marathon shape ASAP!

I REALLY need to work on my cross training, too but when one loses her motivation for anything except for Netflix, it can be tough.

One month and four days until the marathon! No time for slacking now!

3 comments:

  1. That's totally do-able and a fantastic idea! STREAK time! Get it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it is getting so close! I think this sounds like a great goal to keep moving through the last weeks - just be careful not to over train!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe it's a month away! You will rock it!!

    ReplyDelete