Monday, April 17, 2017

And Then There Were None

I did it.

I completed all of my long runs (save one or two of the shorter long runs) for my marathon. In three weeks I'll be running the Flying Pig.

This last run wasn't that brutal. OK, it sucked, but that was because I was only able to get six miles done outdoors before the thunderstorms rolled through. I ended up doing the other 17 on the treadmill. I got some movies On Demand and just stuck it out but it was boring and I almost cried during the last mile. Only good thing, because I was on the treadmill, I had my water and my Powerade and my waffles and my jellybeans and fruit leathers all just hanging out. I was perfectly hydrated and felt good. Plus, the treadmill was easier on my knees so they didn't hurt as much.

Now, I'm done. I step back on the mileage. And I trust the taper.

Yeah, right.

2 comments:

  1. You so very much got this in the bag. I'm proud of you and your training! Trust in it! And in 2 and a half weeks you can call yourself a marathoner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll keep you sane through tapering!

    ReplyDelete