Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Every Move You Make

When I was pregnant, the time leading up to delivery didn't exactly drag, but it didn't fly by. It FELT like nine months. I worked until two weeks before my delivery date. Once I was done with work, all of sudden time seemed to speed up.

We had the cribs assembled, the bedrooms ready to go, the car seats in and checked, the house stocked with diapers. We went to breastfeeding classes, and had sterilized bottles, and a breast pump, and post-maternity outfits, and bouncers, and swings all put together--we were ready! Even then, even though I knew we had prepared as much as we possibly could, I still started to panic. Because, as much as we did, we still had no effing clue what we were doing.

That's how I feel about this marathon.

I am trained. Which sounds crazy. Because if you told me a year ago I would be able to train for a marathon without missing out on precious time with my family, I would have told you you were a nut job.

I am mentally prepared.

I have my outfit picked out. I have my fuel plan all set. I have my gigantic stash of Body Glide ready to go.

I am prepared for rain. I am prepared for heat. I have a back-up outfit if it is cold.

I am as ready as I can possibly be.

Yet, each run I do from now until the day of the marathon makes me feel that little bit of panic all over again. I am as ready as I can possibly be, but still...I have no effing clue.

2 comments:

  1. You will be great. Trust the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be great! I'm working on lists of sign and poster ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete