Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Down on the Corner, Out in the Street

Week Three
Weekly weigh-in: -1.2 pounds
Pounds to go: 54.4


I had to skip swimming this morning because my husband started work early. It is hard to not hold it against him, which sounds dumb, but the man hasn't started early in over a month and now that I have shit to do he starts early. Sigh. Timing is a beast.

Good news, I lost weight this week. I wish it were more, which sounds terrible to say. I wanted to average two pounds a week, which seems completely doable. I just need to get down and really focus. I can do this!

I've been crushing my workouts. Food has been about an 80%. We had some holidays, Father's Day especially, and ended up with snacks in the house. We don't usually have stuff I like, the boys eat snacks that don't appeal to me. But, after hosting people on Sunday, we ended up with chips and snack mix. I was grazing on them on Sunday and finally on Monday I just tossed them in the garbage. My husband doesn't eat them and I didn't want the temptation. 

Last night my sister hosted a wine and cheese gathering at her house. We had a friend in from out of town, so I was over there. I snacked, maybe more than normal, but tried to keep it heavy on the vegetables. Between early morning swimming and walking on my lunch, by the time I got home and got the boys in bed I was wiped. I needed to run last night, first day of half marathon training, but my body laughed at me. So, I brushed my teeth and collapsed into bed just after nine. I think there's going to be an adjustment period with these earlier wake up calls.

Goals for this week:
  • Lap swimming any day I can
  • Follow half marathon training plan
  • Weights three times 
  • Make two new to me healthy meals

5 comments:

  1. Yea, this past week with Fathers day was tough on food here too. But we have a few weeks gap until 4th of July. Time to knuckle down on those off weeks. Hope you can keep to that swimming schedule when you can! I'm still hoping to try to make it to my local pool soon! I have swimmers envy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have crushed it for sure! Can't believe it is half training time already! I am looking forward to seeing what your new to you meals are this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All forward motion counts! Great job on the loss, can't wait to start posting my own numbers again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would so take that loss! :-P Those little "events" can be the death of me, too! Just keep taking it one day at a time and do your best to stick with your regimen! You got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are killing it with activity lately! I am in awe of your stamina. :)

    ReplyDelete